Don’t make me repeat myself…
So, I was at an orientation for New York Cares, a volunteer program in the city and one of my biggest pet peeves from school came up. This peeve is people asking the same damn questions over and over again.
I understand that I can be extremely impatient and that’s probably a contributing cause for my hating to repeat myself. In addition to hating repeating myself, I thoroughly dislike hearing people repeat the same things over and over. Thankfully, I’ve become adept and tuning this out because it drives my crazy! In high school, I wanted to go over the students who asked the same questions over and over and strangle them.
I understand that people don’t pick things up at the same speed, but most of the time people who repeat the same questions over and over just aren’t paying attention. Just pay attention!
A common saying among people who speak in front of groups often is “there is no such thing as a bad question.” Bullshit! If someone ask a question one time, the following four times someone else asks that same question (with different wording sometimes) it’s a bad question.
Please people, pay attention when people are addressing you, so you don’t have to make them repeat themselves.
- Pet peeves, mostly of the linguistic variety (scracklep.wordpress.com)
- Will.i.am Talks About Pet Peeves In Elle Magazine (923now.radio.com)
- House repeat again (bio230fall2010.wordpress.com)
- “What are Your Biggest Weaknesses?” (mypentopaper.wordpress.com)
- Coye Nokes Athena Wedge (shoeblog.com)
- Pet Peeves (andersonissues.com)
- Peevish . . . (hopeofglory.typepad.com)